These apple spice baked oats are so delicious. They taste just like having dessert for breakfast! This recipe makes one serving, but is super easy to multiply. Additionally, it is super easy to make; just throw all your ingredients in a blender, then bake in the oven!
- Rolled oats
- Apple sauce
- Baking soda
- Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice blend
- Maple syrup
- Fresh apple!
How to Make Apple Spice Baked Oats
- Make sure you shred up your apple! This will make the blending process smoother and will ensure that you are getting that apple flavor out of every bite. I use a cheese grater. You can also use a food processor with a shredding attachment if you have one.
- Blend in your blender until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Simply bake in your 8 oz ramekin or baking dish at 350 for 25-30 minutes. I like to use my mini springform pans.
Substitutions and Modifications
- Apple sauce- The apple sauce here is used as an egg replacement, and in place of banana, which normally appears in baked oats. If you do not have apple sauce, there are a few good replacement options. Of course, you can use one banana in place of it, but keep in mind that this will alter the flavor. You can also use two flax eggs, which is simple two tablespoons of ground flaxseed with six tablespoons of water. Another option that I think is perfect for a recipe like this is to use 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- Maple syrup-Use any sweetener that you like. Agave works well, and even those coffee syrups(I’d suggest caramel flavor). You can also add more or less of the sweetener depending on your preferences.
I hope you try out this delicious and easy breakfast(or snack) idea.
Apple Spice Baked Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 small apple, shredded
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Place all your ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture into an 8 oz ramekin or baking dish.
- Bake your oats for 25-30 minutes, checking for your desired doneness. Enjoy!!