This buffalo chickpea salad is delicious and healthy! It is absolutely perfect for your next meal prep as it is super easy to take on the go. On top of that, it is super easy to make!
What’s in Buffalo Chickpea Salad?
- Buffalo sauce
- Bell pepper
- Green onion
How to Make Buffalo Chickpea Salad
- Mash up the chickpeas.
- Mix all of your ingredients together well.
- Serve however you like! I really enjoy it on some homemade crusty bread, but it would also be delicious in a tortilla, lettuce wrap, or over spinach or lettuce as a salad!
Substitutions and Modifications
- The ratio of buffalo sauce to yogurt can change depending on just how spicy you like your buffalo salad. I would say this dish is moderately spicy, so to cut back, I would cut the buffalo sauce in half and double the yogurt.
- Green onion-you can use red or white if you don’t have green.
- Yogurt-You can use vegan mayo instead of yogurt, or even thick cashew cream.
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce(Frank's is vegan)
- 3 tbsp vegan yogurt
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1-2 bell peppers
- 2 sticks celery
- 3 sprigs green onion
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tbsp notch
- Chop up your peppers, celery, and green onions.
- Place your chickpeas into a bowl. Mash them using a fork or potato masher until they are your desired consistency.
- Add all of your remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Serve on toast, over lettuce, or as a wrap. Enjoy!!