These pumpkin cookie bars are vegan, decadent, and delicious. Additionally, they are super easy to make and only require one bowl! Also, these are absolutely perfect to share with your loved ones during the holiday season.
What’s in Pumpkin Cookie Bars?
- Vegan butter
- Pumpkin spice
- Chocolate chips
Why Cookie Bars?
These are different than your typical pumpkin dessert. They are a perfect cross between a cookie and a cake. Another amazing feature of these bars is that they are lower in fat than a typical cookie bar due to the pumpkin. This also makes them less expensive, as you don’t need to use as much vegan butter.
How to Make Pumpkin Cookie Bars
- Place all of your wet ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Next, add your dry ingredients to the bowl and mix everything together.
- Finally, fold in your chocolate chips.
- Place into an 8×8 pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350!
Substitutions and Modifications
- Vegan butter- You can eliminate the vegan butter by replacing it with equal parts neutral oil. If you want to eliminate the oil entirely, you can replace the butter with 1/2 cup applesauce. This will make these cookie bars into more of a cake texture, but will still be delicious. Additionally, if you want to eliminate the oil you can add another 1/2 cup of pumpkin, which would be delicious as well.
- Chocolate chips-You can eliminate the chocolate chips or replace them with something else, such as vegan white chocolate chips or even Oreos.
Pumpkin Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- chocolate chips (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350
- To a mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, vegan butter, and sugars. Mix.
- To the same bowl, add flour, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix.
- Add chocolate chips. Mix
- Pour your batter into an 8 by 8 baking dish
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in center comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting up and serving. Enjoy!!