These cookies are light and delicious and perfect for the warmer seasons. Freeze dried strawberries give them a flavor that is fruity without being overpowering. They are a fun dessert for the whole family!
What’s in Strawberry Lemonade Cookies?
The ingredients to these strawberry lemonade are super simple and easily accessible. You will need
- Vegan butter
- Granulated sugar
- Apple sauce
- Vanilla extract
- Freeze dried strawberries, blended into a powder
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice and powdered sugar
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade Cookies
One of the best parts of this recipe is that it only involves one bowl, making cleanup much easier.
- Melt your butter
- Next, simply mix the rest of the ingredients together!
- Finally, roll your cookies into balls and bake them up!
Modifications and Substitutions
- Apple Sauce
- If you want a thicker cookie, make half the sugar brown sugar, and put your dough in the fridge for one hour! This will make a cookie spread less, helping it be thicker.
- Change up your glaze. You can replace lemon juice with vanilla extract or make a chocolate glaze. Totally up to you.
Strawberry Lemonade Cookies
For the Cookies
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup freeze dried strawberries, blended into a powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Melt your butter
- Mix the butter and strawberry powder
- Add apple sauce
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Roll cookies into balls, either tsp or heaping tablespoon, depending on if you want small or large cookies. You will need two baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes
- Allow cookies to cool completely before adding the glaze
- Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar. Spread glaze on the cookies.