These jalapeño wonton bites are so easy to make and perfect for a game day appetizer! The best part is that they contain ingredients that are easily accessible and budget friendly. Additionally, this appetizer is also high protein and low fat!
What’s In the Jalapeño Bites?
- Pickled jalapeños
- Nutritional yeast and adobo seasoning
- Wonton wrappers
How to Make Jalapeño Bites
- Blend all of your ingredients into a food processor. The firm tofu is nice and soft and blends super easily. The pickled jalapeños mixed with the nutritional yeast and adobo seasoning give these bites a cheesy flavor without needing to use vegan cheese substitutes.
- Place the tofu mixture into the wonton wrappers and close them together using water.
- Pop them in the air fryer for 15 minutes!
How to Serve
I love to serve these with a simple salsa, but you can use any dipping sauce that you enjoy. Queso, spicy mayo, and ranch are all great options. Enjoy!
Jalapeño Wonton Bites
- 7 oz firm tofu This is the equivalent of half a pack
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeños
- 3 tbsp jalapeño juice from the jar
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 20 wonton wrappers
- To a food processor, add your tofu, pickled jalapeños and juice, and all seasonings.
- Blend everything in your food processor until smooth and creamy. You can add more liquid if you desire a thinner consistency.
- Lay out some wonton wrappers.
- To the center of each wrapper, add a heaping teaspoon of your tofu mixture. If desired, add more than this, just make sure you can close it.
- Wet your fingers and pinch the four corners of the wonton wrappers together, having them meet and overlap at the center. Repeat until all twenty or so wontons are done.
- If desired, spray each wonton with cooking spray and top with extra garlic powder, nooch, or seasoning of your choice.
- Serve with salsa, ranch, spicy mayo, or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!!