These vegan funfetti cookies are some of the simplest cookies you will make from scratch. Only one bowl is needed, and they’ll take you a total of 10 minutes to prepare. Not only that, but they are absolutely delicious and a perfect treat for the whole family!
Make Baking EASY
Sometimes you just need a quick treat. That’s why these funfetti cookies are perfect for those sudden cravings. Not only will you likely have the ingredients on hand, but this recipe requires just one bowl, making the clean-up that much easier. This recipe also does not require any chilling. The key to fast cookies is to focus on making them for thin and chewy with a crispy outer edge.
- All purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Plant based butter
- Almond extract
- Baking powder
How to Make Funfetti Cookies
- Melt your butter until just melted. This should take about 30 seconds in the microwave. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- To your mixing bowl, add butter and sugar.
- Form dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for ten minutes. Enjoy!!
Modifications and Substitutions
- Consistency-If you want to make these cookies more thick, simply chill the dough in the fridge for about an hour before baking.
- Apple sauce- You can always replace the apple sauce with a flax egg or vegan egg replacer.
- Almond extract- If you do not have almond extract on hand, vanilla will still taste just fine. The only difference is that it won’t have quite the same birthday cake flavor.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Melt the butter in the microwave (about 40 seconds)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and the sugar
- Add the apple sauce and almond extract. Mix
- Add the flour and baking soda. Mix everything well
- Place the cookies onto two greased 15X10 baking sheets. I made the balls about 2 tsp in size.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes. Let cool before consuming, as they may feel undercooked at first