These completely vegan strawberry white chocolate cookies are so delicious and absolutely perfect for spring and summer! Take these to your Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, or Fourth of July gatherings!.
- Butter- Use any vegan butter that you like. I usually just stick to whatever the store brand one is to save money, and I’ve never had an issue.
- Sugar- I use a mix of brown and white sugar. Brown sugar helps make these cookies softer while the white helps them spread.
- Apple sauce- I exclusively use apple sauce instead of eggs in cookies because I think it gives the perfect texture and added fluffiness. However, you can use flax egg or store bought egg replacer as well.
- Baking soda
- White chocolate-I make the white chocolate myself using coconut milk powder and cocoa butter, but you can easily find some vegan white chocolate chips on amazon, which works just as well.
- Melt your butter and mix it in a bowl with sugar and apple sauce.
- Add all of your dry ingredients and mix until combined into a dough. Fold in your white chocolate chunks/chips. Cover up the mixture and let it chill for one hour in the fridge. Chilling the dough will help the cookies rise more and spread less. This will give them the perfect soft, thick, and fluffy texture.
- Once the cookies have chilled, roll the dough into balls, using about two tablespoons per ball for an average/larger sized cookie. You can also make them smaller if you want a smaller cookie. Make sure to give them space on the baking sheet. This recipe makes roughly 12 cookies if you keep them all that same size, and up to 16 if you vary sizes a little bit.
- Bake the cookies at 350 for 10 minutes! Transfer them to a cooling rack a couple minutes after they come out of the oven. They will come out fluffy and delicious!
Substitutions and Modifications
I recommend sticking to this recipe as closely as possible, because it is so delicious. However, there are definitely modifications you can make.
- 1:1 gluten free flour should work if you need to make these gluten free.
- Use other fruits to replace strawberries. I do not recommend using fresh fruits instead of freeze dried, because those will change the texture of the cookie and you may need to modify some of the dry ingredients as well.
- Replace regular chocolate chips and instead use white chocolate, or omit the chocolate component all together.
- Use small marshmallows instead of white chocolate.
- Use flax egg instead of applesauce.
I hope you enjoy these cookies!
The Best Vegan White Chocolate Strawberry Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup crushed up freeze dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- To a mixing bowl, add melted vegan butter, sugars, vanilla extract ,and apple sauce. Whisk until combined.
- To the same bowl, add flour and baking soda.
- Mix everything together using a baking spatula.
- Once a dough is formed, fold in your crushed strawberries and white chocolate until everything is combined.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Form your dough into balls(about 2 tbsp per ball) and place on an uncreased baking sheet, making sure to have space between the cookies. You may need to do two rounds depending on the size of your baking sheet.
- Place the cookies in the oven for 10 minutes.
- A couple minutes after removing from the over, transfer to a cooling rack. Your cookies are ready to enjoy!