One of my favorite ways to create delicious recipes is to veganize classic comfort food. In this recipe, I used Beyond Beef to create a perfect, juicy, moist, and 100% vegan BBQ Cheddar Meatloaf. This dish is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, and I highly recommend you make it for any vegan-skeptics in your life.
- Vegan beef substitute
- BBQ Sauce
- Egg replacer
- Vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- Worcestershire sauce
How to Make Vegan BBQ Cheddar Meatloaf
- Add all of your ingredients besides BBQ sauce into a bowl and mix
- Form four mini meatloafs, and create an oval indent in each one. In the indent, place the BBQ sauce.
How to serve the meatloaf
This meatloaf can be served with a wide array of side dishes. This time, I chose to serve it with my cream y corn and spinach. It is also incredible with mashed potatoes. Alternatively, you can keep it light with roasted vegetables or fresh salad on the side.
Vegan BBQ Cheddar Meatloaf
- 1 pack beyond meat or vegan meat of choice
- 1/3 cup vegan cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp worcestercire sauce
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 serving Bob's red mill vegan egg replacer
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce of choice
- Preheat your oven to 375
- To a mixing bowl, add vegan meat, breadcrumbs, egg replacer, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Mix well.
- Spray a baking dish with non stick spray.
- With your hands, shape your mixture into four meatloaf shapes. Place on the baking dish.
- In the middle of each meatloaf, create a small cavity for the BBQ sauce to go in.
- Using a spoon, add the BBQ sauce into each cavity, spreading some of it around so that it coats the meatloaf.
- Place your meatloafs in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the BBQ glaze has started to absorb. Enjoy!!