These vegan hot cocoa cookies are the perfect winter treat. They combine cocoa powder and marshmallows for a delightfully simple sweet. Make these for your holiday potluck, or as a fun family dessert! These cookies combine cocoa powder and marshmallows for a delightfully simple sweet.
What’s in Hot Cocoa Cookies?
- Baking soda
- Apple sauce
- Cocoa powder
How to Make Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Combine your wet ingredients, plus sugar, into a mixing bowl.
- To the same bowl, add the dry ingredients. Mix everything together well.
- Add marshmallows and chocolate chips to the dough.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for about an hour.
Substitutions and Modifications
- If you want a thicker and more cakey cookie, do not melt your butter all the way or at all, and beat the wet ingredients using a mixer.
- Instead of apple sauce, you can use yogurt or flax egg, if that is what you have on hand.
- You can add chocolate chips for some extra richness.
- Add peppermint extract or crushed candy canes to make these cookies extra festive!
I hope you enjoy these festive, comforting hot cocoa cookies. Let me know what you think in the comments!
Vegan Hot Cocoa Cookies
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup marshmallows (mini or torn up large ones)
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
- To a mixing bowl, add your butter, sugars, apple sauce, and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- To that same bowl, add flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Add marshmallows. You can add as many or as few as suits you.
- Cover your bowl of dough in saran wrap and chill for about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Once chilled, spray a baking dish and roll your dough into balls.
- Bake for 10 Minutes
- Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy!!
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CRACK | FEBRUARY 2023 UPLOAD https://youtu.be/nJhhKTPbsM4