These s’mores cookies are absolutely addictive, and deceptively easy to make. They are also a surefire crowd pleaser, and you won’t believe they are completely vegan.
What’s in the s’mores cookies
- All purpose flour-This will serve as the base of your cookie. You can use 1:1 gluten free flour if you are gluten free.
- Crushed graham crackers-
- Apple sauce
- Vegan butter
- Brown and white sugar
- Vanilla extract
How to Make these Cookies
- The first step is to melt the butter and mix it with the apple sauce, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- Next, you will mix the wet ingredients with the dry.
- Add your marshmallows and chocolate
- Make sure to chill the dough for one hour in the fridge. This will create a thicker, softer cookie that I think suits these flavors much more than a thinner, crispier cookie would.
- Roll the cookies into balls and then bake for ten minutes!
Modifications and Substitutions
- The chocolate: I use the vegan Lindt chocolate bar, but there are so many possible options. You can use regular chocolate chips, dark chocolate, or even add some cocoa powder instead. It’s completely up to you!
- Marshmallows: Use big or small
- Apple sauce: You can always use ground flaxseed mixed with water or vegan egg replacer instead of applesauce. You can also replace it with equal parts pumpkin for a fall twist on this recipe.
- Chill time: You can chill the dough for less time or not at all if you don’t have the time. Just keep in mind that this will contribute to a thinner cookie. It’s all personal preference.
Vegan S’mores Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (one stick)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup ground up graham crackers
- 1-2 oz chocolate (I use about 1/3 of a chocolate bar broken up)
- 5 large marshmallows, broken up
- To a mixing bowl, add your melted butter, sugars, vanilla extract, and applesauce. Mix
- To another bowl, add flour, graham cracker powder, and baking soda. Mix.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry until a dough forms
- Add your chocolate and marshmallows until they are spread throughout the dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Using a scoop or your hands, form the cookie dough into balls and place on your baking sheet(s).
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Let the cookies set and cool down on a cooling rack before serving. Enjoy!!
Code Promo 1xBet. Click Here:👉 https://popvalais.ch/wp-includes/inc/?code-promo-1xbet-burkina-faso-78-000xof.html